- 59% of Republicans approve of #Brexit; only 17% of Democrats and 32% of Independents agree
- 43% of Democrats agree free trade agreements are “good thing” for US; 28% of Republicans agree
- 45% of registered voters said Trump would be better for the economy, 38% said Clinton would be better for economy.
- 52% of Republicans say they’d prefer a nominee other than Trump, 45% are satisfied with Trump. Republicans felt similarly about John McCain in 2008 (52% preferred someone else, 44% satisfied)
- Trump favorability 20 percentage points lower than any prior recent GOP candidate among Republicans in early summer. Favorable= Trump (64%), Romney (82%), McCin (88%), W. Bush (94%), H.W. Bush (88%)
- Clinton favorability (71%) nearly 20 percentage points lower than Obama (87%) and Kerry (87%) among Democrats.
- 88% of African-Americans say the country needs to continue making changes for blacks to have equal rights with whites. 43% are skeptical changes will ever occur, 42% are optimistic that the country will eventually make changes needed.
- 66% say employers and individuals buying health insurance be allowed to buy insurance plans across state lines.
- 60% say more free market competition between insurance companies would do more to reduce costs, compared to 27% who thought that this would be best done by more government regulation.